How To Travel And Save On A Timeshare Vacation…
How To Travel and Save On A Timeshare Vacation…
Travel and Save On A Timeshare Vacation: Yes it is Possible
Traveling can be expensive. Sometimes there is just no other choice but to travel and it may not be something that you want to spend a lot of money on. There are some ways that you can save money while traveling and still have a comfortable and enjoyable trip.
How to save money by flying
If you have to travel remember that holidays are the best days to fly. Thanksgiving is a great day because hardly anyone will be flying that day. The day before and the day after a holiday are the worst days to travel. These are the busiest days of the year to be on a plane. Pack light when you are traveling. Extra baggage will cost you airline baggage fee’s. One of the advantages of a timeshare vacation is that almost all timeshare condos have washers and dryers. Wash and dry your clothes at the resort.
Most people we know are computer literate. We are in our 70’s. We use our computers extensively to research airline travel. We have found some great deals directly through the airlines and through other sources such as; Findcheaphotels.co and also through HotelandResortnetwork.com.
That said, this is the first time in 13 years of timeshare travel that we have used airlines to travel to a timeshare resort. Out of 23 timeshare condo vacations this is a first time traveling by air. We figured the cost of gas in and around $3.20 per gallon, the travel miles round trip to Arizona from Minnesota and the cost of 4 nights motel lodging and food was equal to the cost of the airfare round trip. That’s 4 extra days that we are able to visit with our relatives.
So, here are some other Airline travel tips:
1. Buy your ticket directly. Travel agents usually charge between $15 and $35 per ticket.
2. Buy your ticket all at the same time instead of buying one at a time. Booking fee may be discounted.
3. Booking for a package tour could be a wise choice for some destinations.
4. When planning a more complex trip, a travel agent can save you more time and money.
5. Compare prices online for the best deal. There are websites that help travelers to shop and compare. Some also provide travel tips and guidelines.
6. Play the seasons. Some travel destinations are cheapest at certain times or season of the year. Booking for an off-peak season also would give you the best deal.
7. Be flexible with travel dates and times. Some airlines and hotels offer substantial discounts if you book one or two days earlier.
8. Smaller airlines often have lesser fees. Additionally, small airlines don’t necessarily mean smaller airplanes.
After arriving at your timeshare resort, enjoy your vacation!
Thanks for viewing our timesharefun advice.
Cary & Elaine
9. Alternative airport also could provide you with substantial discounts. Ask your travel agent about it.
10. Plan ahead. The earlier you book, the better deal you will have.